Responsive Search Ads are relatively new. Although we are working for our customers, we have not yet added and tested them everywhere. To speed up that process, I wrote a script to make this all a lot easier.
This script runs through all Search campaign ad groups in your account and adds a Responsive Search Ad. Existing Expanded Text Ads are used as input for the new advertisement. All headlines and descriptions are extracted here to add to the Responsive Text Ad. This makes the new ads directly relevant in all ad groups.
You can put backup headlines and descriptions in the script. These will only be included in the new advertisement if no 15 headlines or 4 descriptions have been used. Use general texts here so that they are relevant to all ad groups.
You can use labels to select ad groups. If you don't want to add Responsive Text ads everywhere, this is a good option.
In addition, you can also label the new ads. This way you can easily find it later in your account.
You can adjust the following settings to use the script.
- LOG: Specify whether the script should report the intermediate steps, by adjusting the value to 'true'.
- HEADLINE_1/2/3: Add general headers as backup here. Maximum 30 characters.
- NUM_HEADLINES: Indicate how many backup headlines you have created.
- DESCRIPTION_1/2: Add general descriptions here as backup. 90 characters maximum.
- ADGROUP_LABEL: Optionally, add labels to the ad groups to which you want to add a new Responsive Text Ad.
- RSA_LABEL: Optional, add a label to the new ads.