Why this script?
If you want to change your Google Ads campaign names in bulk, the Google Ads Editor, unfortunately, cannot help out. The campaign name is used by the Google Ads Editor to identify campaigns and you can't upload a bulk edit without the campaign name. Furthermore, not everyone is using tooling (like Search Ads 360) which makes bulk editing of campaign names possible. Changing campaign names across multiple account is a request I've received a few times now, mainly because of the roll-out of naming conventions. So let's check how this script works!
How to setup this script?
Setting up this script is pretty straightforward. Just follow these steps and your up and running in no-time:
- Grab a copy of this Google Sheet
- Create a tab/sheet per account you want to edit. Make sure the sheet name exactly matches the account name (including capitals)
- Put the current campaign name in the first column and the new campaign name in the second column. The header row (first row) is ignored by the script
- Hide tabs you're not using (e.g. work in progress). They will be skipped
- Always preview the script to make sure everything works as expected
- Finally, run the script
A few things the script cannot do
Make sure you don't use single quotes in your campaign names (e.g. A'dam). This script does edit Search, Shopping, Display and Video campaigns. However, other exotic campaign types like Discovery or Universal App campaigns are not yet supported by Google Ads scripts.
- SPREADSHEET_URL: The URL of the Google Sheet that contains your old and new campaign names
- ACCOUNT_IDS or LABEL_NAME: Choose if you want to select accounts by Account ID or by applying a label. Leave empty to process all the accounts in the MCC
Scheduling: No need to schedule this script. Just run it once to change the campaign names.