Check current prices
This script makes a link with Google Merchant Center and retrieves all current productprices there. When you let the Merchant Center keep an eye on your stock and prices, the price in the Merchant Center is always updated. The script then runs through all the ads in your account that you have labeled to indicate that there is a price in it. The landing page is used to determine whether the price in the ads is the same as the price in the Google Merchant Center.
Update prices in textads
If the price from GMC is not in the text ad, the price from the ad is replaced. This ensures that your advertisement always contains a current price of the product.
- LOG: Specify whether the script should report the intermediate steps by adjusting the value to 'true'.
- MERCHANT_ID: Enable the advanced API 'Shopping Content' and enter the Merchant Center ID here. Ensure that the user running the script also has access to GMC.
- CURRENCY: Specify which currency you use in your text ads.
- DECIMAL_SEPERATOR: By default the prices are in GMC with '.' as a decimal point. If you want to change that in your ads, you can indicate that here.
- AD_LABEL_HEADLINE: Label all ads that have a price in a headline.
- AD_LABEL_DESCRIPTION: Label all ads that have a price in a description.
Frequency: Run this script every hour, thus you are assured of up to date prices in your advertisements.